Do not feel overly concerned if you have lost or misplaced your Nissan car key. We are here to help at Meyer’s locksmith McKinney, TX!
We offer mobile locksmith services to drivers in the Dallas area. We can be at your location in no time to replace and program your car key without much delay.
We offer affordable prices, and our McKinney locksmiths use the latest equipment such as transponder machines, auto key cutting systems, laser scanners, and more.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Professional and reliable locksmith service.
- Car key replacement service with no damage to the factory settings of your car.
- Key fob programming
- 24-hour emergency locksmith service
- Ignition repair and replace
- Laser-cut keys
- Broken car key extraction from ignition
- Transponder key cutting and programming
Nissan Key Fobs & Remotes Reprogrammed by Our Locksmiths
We offer a wide range of Nisan car key fobs and remotes. We have the resources to reprogram your keyless entry remote or key fob, enabling you to lock and unlock your car doors, open the trunk, and activate the panic alarm.
The Nissan OEM 3 Button Smart Key
The three-button Smart Key System is a feature developed by Nissan to transmit an encrypted signal from the key and to the car.
The smart key transmits an encrypted code that allows the vehicle to be started even if it does not have a traditional keyless entry system and immobilizer.
Is this key compatible with any Nissan models?
No. The Nissan 3 button smart key is compatible with the following models:
- 2003-2022 Nissan Murano
- 2007-2022 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2016-2022 Nissan Titan
- 2008-2022 Nissan Rogue
- 2011-2017 Nissan Juke
- 2011-2017 Nissan Quest
- 2020 Nissan Frontier
- 2017-2022 Nissan Armada
- 2009-2014 Nissan Cube
- 2011-2015 Nissan LEAF
- 2018-2022 Nissan Kicks
- 2005-2012 Nissan Versa
- 2009-2018 Nissan 370Z
The Nissan OEM 4 Button Smart Key
The Nissan 4-button Smart Key System allows people to access and start their vehicle without the traditional keyless entry fob.
Compared to other car key systems, it has an enhanced security system and allows for an engine immobilizer, a panic alarm, and a remote radio signal.
Which Nissan models are compatible with this car fob?
The Nissan 4-button Smart Key is compatible with the following models:
- 2007-2022 Nissan Altima
- 2007-2013 & 2017-2020 Nissan Armada
- 2009-2020 Nissan GT-R
- 2013-2017 Nissan LEAF
- 2018-2022 Nissan Kicks
- 2007-2018 Nissan Maxima
- 2009-2022 Nissan Murano
- 2013-2022 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2014-2022 Nissan Rogue
- 2007-2022 Nissan Sentra
- 2017-2022 Nissan Titan
- 2007-2022 Nissan Versa
The Nissan OEM 5 Button Smart Key
The Nissan 5 button smart key was introduced in 2011 and has a similar look and feel to the 3 and 4 buttons smart key.
For added security, it comes with an engine immobilizer that disables the ignition if someone tries to use an unauthorized key on your car’s ignition system.
The anti-theft alarm emits a siren and flashing lights to deter potential thieves and alert you and the authorities.
The Nissan 5-button Smart Key System is compatible with the following models:
- 2013-2022 Nissan Altima
- 2015-2022 Nissan Maxima
- 2015-2022 Nissan Murano
- 2013-2022 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2011-2021 Nissan Quest
- 2017-2022 Nissan Rogue
- 2019-2022 Nissan Sentra
The Nissan Transponder Car Key
The Nissan transponder key was introduced in 1995 and comes with different functions. The transponder chip inside the key is a passive RFID which means that it does not need batteries or recharging.
The car key operates by receiving and responding to radio waves from your car and its ignition.
Your Nissan transponder key can:
- Lock and unlock the doors and boot of your Nissan.
- Activate and deactivate the alarm of your Nissan.
- Start your Nissan’s engine.
However, transponder keys can’t start a car without a working immobilizer system fitted in the vehicle, which has a receiver for the radio waves from the key.
The immobilizer system comes with at least one antenna. This transmitter emits radio waves to activate or deactivate the immobilizer system’s receiver.
No more remote controller is necessary for this function because the signal from the key starts the engine of your Nissan by igniting fuel and ignition in your car.
The immobilizer system is like an electronic lock that works together with your transponder key to prevent thieves from stealing your car.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Transponder Key?
- Your transponder key is more secure than the typical metal car key because it uses radio waves to communicate with your Nissan.
- One of its primary functions is to lock and unlock your Nissan.
- The system operates at a frequency of 434 MHz-434.99999 MHz, which means it can’t be hacked or duplicated by an amateur car key maker.
- In case you lose your transponder key, the radio waves from a traditional metal key cannot communicate with your Nissan’s immobilizer system so that no one can start your car without the transponder key.
- Another benefit of using this type of key is greater security against car thieves. Because most people would prefer to buy a regular metal key if they lose their Nissan transponder key, there is less chance that your vehicle can be stolen.
How Much Does a Nissan Car Key Replacement Cost?
On average, a new Nissan key costs $149 to $349. This price range is for a key and remote. Some locksmiths might also charge an additional $49 to $99 for programming, depending on the model.
Nissan Ignition Repair and Replace Services in McKinney, TX
Our locksmiths can help you with any model of Nissan ignition switch repair and replacement services. We have the tools, training, and expertise to promptly replace your car key ignition switch.
What are the signs of a bad ignition switch?
Your car may be showing signs of a faulty ignition switch if you have any of the following problems:
- The car won’t start – The car cranks over but doesn’t start.
- The headlights or interior lights come on by themselves – Your friends may joke about you being a vampire, but if your headlights or interior lights turn off and on randomly, it’s not funny at all.
- Your key fob is having problems – If your key fob remote entry system is malfunctioning, it’s easy to tell because the buttons won’t respond when you press them.
- The key is hard to remove from the ignition – The teeth of your key may be getting worn down. If you have a hard time removing the key from your ignition, it’s time for a new one.
- The key gets stuck in the ignition and won’t turn – If you attempt to turn your car’s ignition and it seems like something is jamming the key, don’t worry. Our locksmiths can fix that too!
- Your vehicle is making weird noises – There are plenty of strange sounds your car may make when there are problems with the ignition circuit. If your car is making a click or pop sound when you shut off the car, it may be due to a faulty ignition switch.
How will you fix my Nissan’s ignition switch?
Our locksmiths will first test the ignition switch to see if it’s defective. If so, they’ll perform an ignition switch replacement for your car. If the switch is not defective, they’ll repair it using a Nissan authentic part.
In some cases, ignition switch repair is impossible, and the only solution is to replace the part. In these situations, we’ll give you a free quote for a new Nissan ignition switch replacement.
Call A Car Locksmith Near You
Meyer’s Locksmiths is your go-to auto locksmith near you. If you live in McKinney, TX, or the surrounding area and need ignition switch service for your Nissan car or truck, give us a call at (469) 922-9966.